Tasmanian Agricultural Producers Pty Ltd (TAP Agrico)
TAP Agrico are strategically placed to service the Tasmanian grains industry with storage and export packing facilities. TAP Agrico are an exporter of grains in their own right.
In January 2011, TAP Agrico made an important and strategic commitment to the Tasmanian grains industry with the purchase of grain storage facilities at Powranna, consisting of both upright metal corrugated aerated silos and bunker storages.
This provides TAP Agrico with a high degree of flexibility and a combined total storage capacity of 17,500 tonnes. Further additional storage is leased at Devonport providing access to feed grain for the North West Tasmanian stockfeed industry and malting grain for malt processing at Quoiba.
TAP Agrico is locally owned and operated with substantial support and supply from Tasmanian cereal and oilseed producers.
TAP aims to:
- Provide services to the Tasmanian grain industry including grain marketing and trading
- Allow growers to collectively market their agricultural produce
- Improve existing and establish new grain markets
- Provide a link between buyers and sellers of grain
- Capitalise on Tasmania’s reputation of “clean and green” and Non-GMO products.
- Develop export opportunities for Tasmanian farmers